This blog post is a compilation of various fan accounts & fancams taken from the 1st day of “THE ROOM” fan meeting.
You can see Day 2 here.
On May 6, Jo JungSuk held his very first fan meeting since debut at Bluesquare Samsungcard Hall, Seoul. There was no emcee, he led the show by himself and did a lot of fan service. He sang with a live band, said to be the same band group “Angry Inch” from musical “Hedwig”. It was a very successful fan meeting where he sings, plays guitar, does musical, and also interacts with fans.
Setlist + fancams:
Jo JungSuk greeted fans. He explained that there was no emcee and he will lead the show himself and talk to fans. A congratulatory cake suddenly came up on stage to celebrate his first fan meeting since debut. He was surprised because he didn’t know anything about the cake. The cake was prepared by DC Inside Jo JungSuk Gallery.
After blew up candles on cake, he did OX (right or wrong) quiz with audiences to open the show. The OX quiz was done by him giving statements to audiences and they must guess if the statement is true or false by showing “O” or “X” card that were given before the show started.
His mother’s precognitive dream of his birth was Jeju’s black pig
Answer: X (his mother dreamt a white pig walking on her forearm)
He danced to Michael Jackson – Beat It in front of his parents when he was little
Answer: X (he danced to Michael Jackson – Billy Jean while wearing pajama in front of his parents)
In high school, he was in dance major
Answer: X (he was in ensemble major and once was a conductor for morning assembly but his teacher cut him off within 2 weeks. teacher said as he was conducting he also waved his body because of his habit in dancing group)
His best subject in elementary school was physical education
He was popular because he’s handsome
Answer: X (it’s because of his dancing)
He made “Give Me A Chocolate” (Oh My Ghostess OST) at 2nd year of college
Answer: X (he made it in 2012 when he drank by himself and was thinking about his friends)
2. Give Me A Chocolate
Ment before singing (the first part was cut off but I think he was talking about behind reason he sang this song at drama “Oh My Ghostess”): “You guys asked to officially release the song. Although my voice is so-so, this song received so much love. At that time there was “Infinity Challenge – Music Festival” and all of their songs topping the music chart. But thanks to you my song can rank high between those songs in music chart.”
3. Playing classic guitar instrument “Cavatina”
4. Dancing to Michael Jackson – Dangerous
5. Ranking Segment
In this segment, there were 4 category in which he ranks each category according to his own opinion.
The most similar character
- Eun ShiKyung (fans boo-ed but he really insisted by saying: “Eun ShiKyung is me!!” lol)
- Kang SunWoo > because he felt comfortable and could act naturally for this character.
- Nabdeukki > when he drinks with friends, “Nabdeukki” pops out as he talking or joking.
The most favorite scene
- When HwaShin got infertility diagnose (he said the first shot got an OK from director but didn’t feel satisfied so he asked to film once again. director & staffs were very surprised with his acting for the second time because they initially thought that scene wasn’t meant to be that sad)
- When PaengHon ate chicken (in movie “The Face Reader“)
- When he thinks the killer in movie “The Exclusive” was the theatrical actor.
The best dancing scene
- PaengHon > dancing scene with Song KangHo
- Jo GwangJo (in musical “DaeJangGeum”)
- HwaShin > dancing scene in front of Nari with the doctor & nurse
If you do the job like in your drama/movie character
- Announcer (Lee HwaShin in “Jealousy Incarnate”) > he’s proud at his diction when he acts as LHS. he said there’s no NG (no-good scenes) when he teach Nari for her diction test.
- CEO at entertainment agency (Shin JunHo in “You’re The Best Lee SoonShin)
- Music teacher (Baek JiHwan in “Time Renegades”)
6. Will You Come to Me (from OST “Jealousy Incarnate)
7. Post-it segment
Before the show started, fans were asked to write wishes on post-it and stick it on a board. In the middle of the show, the board was out and Jo JungSuk picked some post-its. He granted some wishes from fans such as taking selfies, hugging, etc in just 10 seconds for each wish.
8. Mooning (from musical “Grease”)
9. The Origin of Love (from musical “Hedwig”)
10. Wig in A Box (from musical “Hedwig”)
11. Letter for fans
Jo JungSuk wrote a letter for his fans. Actually he wanted to read it at the fan meeting but he felt shy and was afraid to cry in the middle. The letter was shown on screen as a video. You can read the letter’s translation here.
12. Girl (original song by Lee MoonSae)
13. My Sacrifice (original song by Creed)
14. The Origin of Love – Acoustic version (from musical “Hedwig”)
Initially, he will only sing “My Sacrifice” for encore song but fans kept asking for more then he sang “The Origin of Love” acoustic version.
Ment before singing (3rd video): “Thank you so much for today. Shall we do the last bow? *to the band team*” (fans asking more encore) “Two encore??” *thinking* “If that’s so shall we do it, just me and Joonie-hyung *the guitarist*?” “This is really the last song. I didn’t prepare any other song. I am not a singer *laughs* We’re gonna sing new version of “The Origin of Love”. I once sang the acoustic version with Joonie-hyung long ago and we’ll sing it to you now”.
Closing ment after singing (3rd video): “Thank you so much for coming to my fan meeting. I really really thank you *bows*. There’ll be another show tomorrow so I’m gonna go no to prepare *waves hand*. Thank you. It’s really end now. Bye *waves hand*. (nearing the exit) Wait wait wait!!! Bring my phone please *to staff*. While you watching this *credit scene* let’s take selfie~” (fans shouted: include 2nd floor too!!! here here!!!) “Okay, all included. 1 2 3~~ 1 2 3~~ Thank you! *making heart* Bye!! *waves hand*
*sorry for gramatical errors & mistranslations*
DO NOT TAKE, COPY-PASTE, SCREENSHOT, AND/OR UPLOAD TO OTHER WEBSITE & SOCIAL MEDIA WITHOUT CREDIT
Source: DC Inside Jo JungSuk Gallery, Twitter (eunjitt0034; gkdlstod), Culture Depot (chojungseok.co.kr)
Summary & trans by: @forjojeol